In order to remain responsive to the needs of New Zealand labour market i.e the New Zealand employers and the economy, the New Zealand’s Department of Labour review the Essential Skills Demand list regularly.
In the demand list agricultural science jobs are added and teaching occupations are removed.
The following occupations are added:
- Agricultural Scientist (Farm Systems Scientist)
- Social Professional Nec (Applied Social Scientist)
- Life Scientist Nec (Animal Scientist or Bioinformatics)
- Environmental Research Scientist (Water Quality Analyst)
The occupations which are removed:
- Secondary School Teacher
- Early Childhood (Pre-primary School Teacher)